Friday, March 2, 2012

Time to Amp, Revamp and Camp

Care More Creations
Druzy Agate to be displayed
at MTV Movie Awards
Since the busy holiday season, I have been lax in the necessary daily tasks of promoting my wire wrapped jewelry.   Don’t get me wrong….I still am completely inspired by my craft.  I still get on my computer every morning, checking my emails, checking in on Facebook, and BAM! I am off in Facebook land for hours.  Every day, like clockwork.  It is quite humorous actually.  I have countless tasks on my “TO DO” list, which just gets longer and longer.  But Facebook land sucks me in every time.  My TO DO list consists mainly of “learning” tasks.  *learn twitter *learn Google+ *learn to make a press kit *learn SEO along with the countless e-books I have paid for and downloaded.  It is time to AMP it up!  I woke up this morning with a new excitement!  I am going to figure this marketing out!



The Artisan Group
This past September I was invited to join The Artisan Group, an exclusive group of talented artists that are represented at Hollywood’s finest celebrity Gift Lounges such as The Emmys, Golden Globes and Academy Awards.  I was so honored.  Valerie Guerrero, our founder, and Nikki Cutro, co-founder put their heart and soul into our group.  My first reaction of course was how awesome it would be to have my jewelry seen and worn by celebrities.  But since then I have learned that being a member of the group is so much more.  We are a close knit community.  We promote, coach, inspire, teach and cheer each other on.  I have learned so much about business and marketing, but better yet, I have learned so much about myself.  I am so excited about participating in the upcoming MTV Movie Awards this June.  So it is time to REVAMP!!  Time to get my act together.  Time to streamline my business and my presence out there in cyber space to be ready for possibilities this opportunity is going to give me.  It is time to get to that TO DO list... 

Labradorite on Etsy
I am such a regimented person.  I am so organized with my studio.  All of my gemstones, beads, tools are in their proper place.  Even my goals are nice and organized on my TO DO list.  But acting upon them has been the hardest task of all.  It is so overwhelming.   It is time to stop running around hilly nilly all day and actually CAMP myself behind my e-books and learn, learn, learn how to take this business to the next level!  Wish me luck.  I will be back, keeping you informed with my progress.  I will share my adventures over the next few months preparing for The MTV Movie Awards Gift Lounge…



You can learn more about my jewelry at:  CareMoreCreations.com
You can learn more about The Artisan Group at:  TheArtisanGroup.org
 

25 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Can't wait to read more about your adventure to MTV! ~Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! You too! I am glad we are on this adventure together!!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. wow. gorgeous intricate work! good luck with MTV!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. found u thru TAG and now follow. hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA I get sucked into facebook (and twitter) for ours too. My to do list is insane as well haha Good Luck on the marketing :) Beautiful work <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice wrap on the labradorite. That is one of my favorite gems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jewelry is GORGEOUS! Congratulations on taking your business to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty!!! It sure is taking lots of hard work and TIME!!! But I see it paying off already. Stay tuned. Thanks again...

      Delete
  7. Oh my!!! I LOVE your pendants!!! GORGEOUS!!!
    xo Tara
    http://taradaramadeit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tara!!! Thanks for stopping by. I will be over to your "house" soon for a little TAG hug!!

      Delete
  8. Love the druzy! That is my favorite stone right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Maureen!!! Natural Bling I call it....so much fun!! Thanks so much for stopping by....I will be by yours next. <3

      Delete
  9. If your like me, I love creating but the promoting and marketing part is hard to wrap my head around. Much rather wrap it around a gemstone than a business plan. Good luck taking it to the next level. Your stuff is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of exciting things going on here! Congratulations! And I love your druzy agate for MTV. It's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous blog and pieces! Spreading TAG <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is gorgeous! Congrats on the MTV opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful work!!
    Best to you!! Enjoy this opportunity!
    Sari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous jewelry and I found you thru TAG and am now a follower. Yeah, that Facebook can suck you in big-time. I need to get off there more and learn the marketing stuff to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I was really encouraged to discover this site. The cause getting that this is these kinds of an educational put up. I desired to thank you for this insightful read through of the subject.
    diamond rings Mo
    wedding bands MO

    ReplyDelete