Thursday, June 17, 2010

AMBITIONS~

“THE CATCH”

Oh, the joy of creating! Those envisioned projects swirling around within our heads (and hearts).

Like the victorious “catch” of landing that elusive trout, the slow and steady challenge of reeling him in, and of course the anticipation of finally landing him ashore to finally reward our tastebuds being just moments away...
My daughter in 1995


So is the “catch” when we first feast our eyes on that perfect and essential key component of a future work of art that sparks our creative juices. The anticipation of the gratifying, though sometimes challenging creative process and the joy of utilizing the tools that God gave us, our hands and our hearts. And of course the great satisfaction of admiring our own finished accomplishment that has materialized before our very eyes.

Now the difficult decision….do I keep it to enjoy myself? Do I give it to a loved one with a generous and grateful heart that they are in my life? Or do I go ahead and set it free, spread the joy, and offer it to a stranger who will appreciate my talents and hard work and enjoy it for years to come.

Like any victory, which is the best part? The discovery? The anticipation? The process? The accomplishment?

To me it is the combination of each…into the whole shebang, the whole nine yards…hook, line and sinker!!

That is the reward…that is the reason I create!

This is a photo of my latest “CATCH”.
Each individual gemstone is a natural gift from God. I give each one the eagle eye…envisioning a design to bring it to life into another wire wrapped pendant to admire.
Clockwise from top:
Labradorite
Rose Quartz
Volcanic Lava Rock
White Quartz Druzy Crystal
Malachite
Natural Turquoise
Tennessee Conglomerate
Amethyst Crystal
center-Red Picture Jasper

8 comments:

  1. Hey Carolyn, following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are beautiful! Especially the labradorite - I love the colors. A great catch indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean with the catch of new items to create wonderful jewelry. Most of the time I just can't resist. I love how you work your items with the wire, it's very unique!
    Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn, thanks for stopping by my blog! Gorgeous gemstones, I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post. What an interesting perspective on sharing a gift, whether it is our creation or our catch.

    I also LOVE your jewelry. Beautiful work, so original!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I wish you much fun and success with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice rock haul ;~) There is just something about these beautiful gemstones that attracts me. Like you can feel the earth, and healing, and strength. I wonder if there is a stone that helps with blogging inspiration...I need that one :~D Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun catch on the fish.
    Love the stones. I just found a bunch of really pretty ones in my daughters room. My granddaughter had gotten into them and had them everywhere. I took them just because I don't want them to get messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean !....It is so much fun to create something from a beautiful stone..... Nice work !

    ReplyDelete